Xperia XZs AOSP Pie (G8231) 0.5 AOSP 9.0
I made this custom ROM project based from Sony Xperia AOSP project. Despite Sony will never release a Pie update for Xperia XZs, Sony still provides some stuffs for building Pie ROMS. However, installing this ROM will never get any kind of benefits similar to its official ROM counterparts. This custom ROM was built with Windows Subsystem For Linux for its very first version. Later version will be built on actual Ubuntu OS later on.
Installing this custom required a device with an unlocked bootloader and here, you will need to perform these guides carefully before doing so. Please note that unlocking the device will voiding the warranty (well who cares? It’s a 2-year-old device) and also its DRM key which used for HD content, camera image optimization, 4K recording, etc.
[Official Sony guide on unlocking bootloader]
STEP 1: Flashing ROM Images:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v8_tone.i mg
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.0-0-kagura.img
STEP 2: Installing Google apps (Magisk required):
1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device.
2. Enter TWRP recovery by pressing Power button + volume down untill Sony logo appeared first instead of warning bootlodader unlocked message.
3. Go to Install and select opengapps zip from memory card or USB OTG and install.
4. Also install Magisk zip as well. You will use this to enable Google apps functionality on custom rom and also root functionalities as well.
5. Reboot the device.
– Fixing warning message appeared every time device switched on. Added latest software binaries from Sony.
– Fixing building issues, speeding up device booting.
– Adding G8232 ROM variant
( version 0.02):
– Fixing building issues
– [G8231] Device going reboot after shutdown button is pressed. You will need to press power button + volume up until feel the vibration 3 times.
– [G8231] Device reboots when performing file transfer from PC to device’s sd card.
– [BOTH ROM] Warning message appears when booting into the device (fixed when installing latest version of software binaries)
– [BOTH ROM] Powering Off while charging will reboot the device but in abnormal state, launcher stops working.
– [BOTH ROM] Pixel Launcher from gapps stops working. Stick it to its default launcher and install other 3rd party launcher.
WARNING!: DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. BACKUP ALL OF YOUR DATA FIRST BEFORE DOING SO. YOU WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED IF YOU ASKED SILLY QUESTIONS WHICH PEOPLE KNOWING THAT YOU DID NOT READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!